Open your own sandwich shop with this 33-piece smorgasbord of fabulous felt food pieces! Use white or wheat bread slices or a pita pocket, then layer on the meats, cheeses, vegetables, condiments and more. Build a submarine, a grinder, a hoagie or a Dagwood sandwich! With dozens of sandwich stuffers included, we've got the ingredients for any special order!
- Felt bread, rolls, and all the fixin's to make sandwiches anyway you like
- 33 durable pieces to stack and serve
- Perfect for pretend play
- Wipe clean
- Includes play ideas!
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Ask the child to identify each food item (other than condiments) and to categorize it by basic food group: meat, dairy, grain, fruit or vegetables.
- Take turns being a chef and a dining customer in a restaurant. Place an "order" for a sandwich with a variety of ingredients. Have the child assemble your order using auditory memory. Discuss which types of sandwiches are generally more appropriate for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Have the child identify the colors and obvious shapes of each food item.
- Place all the felt food pieces in a row. Count the number of pieces. Repeat until the child is able to count them independently.
- Visual memory skills: Place 3-4 ingredients in front of the child. Let the child study them before asking the child to close their eyes while you remove one piece. Ask the child which piece was removed. Gradually increase the number of ingredients.
Babble.com: Holiday Gift Guide Best Pick 2011
FamilyFun Magazine: FamilyFun Toy of the Year (T.O.Y) Awards 2011
Dimensions: 9.88" x 13.25" x 3.25" Packaged